Meet Jonathan! He is one of the new additions to the team and you can learn more about him by reading our interview below.
1. So, you are a really good cook and a few of us have been lucky enough to try some of the food you have made! Is there a reason that you enjoy cooking so much?
- Honestly, I love making food because it's edible art! I love cranking some tunes in the kitchen and getting to work cooking something good. I just get into my zone and start experimenting with different flavors. I've had some flops for sure, but I've had some pretty happy accidents too!
2. We love getting to see your photography and videography work. When did you discover your love for film in general?
- I got my first camera when I was 14 yrs old- it was a mini-DV tape recorder. I soon began filming Christmas, vacations and youth events at my church and then I began to edit short videos with some basic software. A guy at my church took me under his wing and I started interning at his office during the summers where I'd shoot and edit videos all day. I figured out I had a knack for it and it became my passion. I recently returned from studying in Los Angeles where I further focused my passion to pursuing cinematography.
3. Do you have a favorite video project or film that you have worked on?
- Earlier this year I shot a short film noir entitled "Tinseltown" directed by a friend also studying in Los Angeles. Film noir was a genre I've always wanted to try and I had a blast experimenting with low-key lighting and obscure camera angles. To date it's some of my best camera work and it was incredibly fulfilling.
4. What is your favorite thing about working at 5 Pound Apparel?
- I just love the fact that everything gives back. I didn't apply to work at Five Pound because I wanted to work at a clothing store, I applied because there was actual meaning behind the position- a reason to fuel going into work everyday. I like to look at it as bringing a little bit of heaven to earth with every purchase made.
5. Do you have a favorite line that we carry?
- I'm a big fan of Free Clothing Company's t-shirts. They have some killer designs and I pretty much want all of them!
6. Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Five years I see myself getting established in my cinematography career. I'm not sure where that will take me in terms of location, but that comes second to fulfilling the need I have to shoot beautiful images.