We are continuing are interview series on the 5 Pound Team! So meet Katie!
1. You have such sweet spirit and you are always kind to the people that you meet. Are there any experiences in your life that you feel have shaped you into the person you are today?
- In seventh grade, my English teacher shared her life story with my classroom and how challenging it was growing up for her being poor and bullied. It hit me right after hearing her story that I want to be kind and caring to every single person I come across in life, no matter who they may be. Life is too short to spend being rude and bitter when you can be loving others and bringing them happiness!
2. It isn't a secret around here that you love to dance! When did you first begin taking lessons?
- I began taking lessons at the very young age of two. I loved it then and I love it even more now!
3. How would you describe your style?
- My style would have to be either boho chic or preppy.
4. What is your favorite thing about working here?
- My favorite part of working at Five Pound is probably spending time with my coworkers. Every single one of them is full of energy and love. It makes for such a positive atmosphere and makes working here that much more enjoyable! I also love that everything we sell here gives back to others locally and globally.
5. Do you have any favorite lines that we carry?
- My favorite line that we carry is probably Blu Pepper. They have the cutest line of clothes!
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- In five years I see myself still in school working on becoming a successful dentist.
Katie is currently a senior at Kickapoo and you will see her working at our Farmers Park location!