Here at 5 Pound Apparel, we have some pretty amazing employees, so we thought we should show them off on our blog! So meet Kelsey. She has been working for us for several months now at our Farmers Park location, and we love the light she always brings with her whenever she comes in.
We love how you are such a happy person! You always bring joy wherever you go. How do you manage to stay so positive?
- Well first of all, I just really prefer to be happy! In addition to that though, I’ve realized that having an attitude of gratefulness and thankfulness is key when it comes to being positive. For me personally, I believe that knowing Jesus enables me to maintain an attitude of such. He is so good, and the love that I have for Him, and that I believe He has for me and for others reminds me that there is always something to be thankful for!
You are such a motivated girl and we love having you here! Although you could work anywhere, why do you choose 5 Pound Apparel?
- I originally wanted to work at 5 Pound because I LOVED the idea of a business that gave back (and it had really cool things)! Now that I’m a part of the team, I love everything about it: the integrity of the business, the products we carry, the family-like dynamics between employees, and building relationships with the customers. It’s seriously an all around awesome place!
What is an event in your life that shaped who you are today?
- I can’t really recall one certain event, but a time in my life that has certainly had an impact on who I am today is the time I spent in band throughout high school. I learned how to work hard and be disciplined while having fun at the same time, and then how to create the same type of atmosphere for others. Having the opportunity to be a section leader and a drum major allowed me to learn about leadership from our director, who is one of the greatest leaders I’ve had the privilege of knowing. That sums it up in a nutshell, but the experiences I gained through band, I’ve been able to carry with me even after high school.
What do you feel is your calling in life?
- I feel like my calling in life is to make a difference. Though I’m unsure of just one specific thing that I’m “suppose to do”, I believe that in whatever I do, and wherever I am, I am called to play my part in turning darkness into light.
How would you describe your style and what are some of your fashion inspirations?
- Hmm I like to keep it fun and girly for the most part. Sometimes it gets pretty boho and other times it gets a little hobo. However, a closet full of Anthropologie is the dream! For inspiration I like to follow stylish stranger’s boards on Pinterest.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- I will finally be out of school! I transferred schools and changed majors as a second semester junior, so that’s something to be ecstatic about. Other than that, in whatever season of life I’m in at the time, I just hope to be fully and intentionally living life, and enhancing the lives around me.
What are some of your favorite lines that we carry?
- I’m actually really into our own Missouri Is Awesome brand. I love a good not lame t-shirt, and love the fact that it gives back in our own community! I also really love the Giving Keys because aside from simply having awesome necklaces, they help people transitioning out of homelessness!