Meet Jake! He is a singing, cleaning, and folding machine! He always keeps things fun around the store and we are lucky to have him. Read our interview to learn more about him!
1. When and where were you the happiest?
- I have always had my happiest moments on stage, performing. My happiest moment that I can remember happened a few months ago playing a show with my band here in Springfield. There was one moment during that particular show where I felt God tell me that music is exactly what I need to be doing in life. That was a pretty special moment for me.
2. We are blown away by your musical talent! When did you discover your love for music?
- Hey, thanks!! I guess I’ve always had a passion for music. When I was little I would put on shows for my family in the living room, and eventually I started writing my own music and performing. I’m fortunate to have been able to pursue my love for music my whole life. It’s what I get the most joy out of!
3. What are some of your favorite brands that we carry at the store?
- Ooh, that’s a tough one! I’d say one of my favorite brands we carry would be Ugmonk. Ugmonk makes really neat t-shirts with ambiguous designs. I love that their tees can be interpreted any way someone views them! I also am a big fan of Herschel Supply Co. Their bags and wallets are just pretty beautiful and so well made. I also love our own Missouri Is Awesome brand. It’s so cool walking around Springfield and seeing so many people proudly representing a MIA shirt. GO MO!
4. How would you describe your style?
- I’m a big thrifter. I’m pretty sure most of the shirts I wear have belonged to multiple old women, but hey, it works! I get a lot of style inspiration from brands like Top Man and Urban Outfitters. My favorite thing to do is mix my thrift finds with styles from brands I like. Side note-- I’m a firm believer that everything looks good with Dr. Martens.
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- I’d say in 5 years, I’d like to be finished with school and living a life of whimsy and music. I’m not sure exactly what my next step is in life, but my end result is to be able to make performing/songwriting my living. I know it won’t be the easiest, but I like challenges. I’d also like to have at least one husky. Or like seven.